Only a Man

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

health, happiness and satisfaction...

Its been a while since I have written on here, but as I continue to battle with my obesity it just gets clearer and clearer thats its not just a "diet" or a single challenge, its a lifestyle. In the 17 weeks that I have been on this journey I have had many peaks and valleys in regards to success. In the beginning I had a lot of excitement due to my success, but the success has not diminished but the overall excitement has. Now dont read this wrong, I'm am still very excited at my results and I still have a long way to go to reach my goals, thats just it, once I reach my goals its still not over. I have come to understand and really grasp the significance of this battle that I am in with my obesity. It is and will always be a battle, there is no end, its not like when I reach my goal the war is over. I battle everyday to eat right, hit the gym, go above and beyond, reach goals, set new goals and just continue to look ahead. I have set backs, but instead of wallowing in disappointment, I brush it off and start over. I am down 71 pounds, I have 133 lbs to go to reach what I think my goal weight is. I really dont know, I havent weighed my goal weight since I was a Freshman in high school. I might need to weigh less or I might want to bulk up in the muscle area which means I could weigh more. I am on this journey as a man in search of health, happiness and satisfaction. I have already found the first two, I'm determined to find the latter. I am not satisfied with my results yet but I know if I keep going the direction I am going I will have it and I just have to enjoy my journey along the way. If it doesnt challenge me, it wont change me.  -265.36.XL

Ecclesiastes 3:13
That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment