Only a Man

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

striving to be the best I can be...

It is week 11 of my war on my obesity and I feel great. I have conquered some demons of the past this week and have a real excited outlook for the future of my health. I ran 2.5 miles on Monday, I averaged about a 16 minute mile. To most this is what they could probably walk a mile in but for me it was crazy fast compared to where I came from. The legendary Coach John Wooden coined the phrase "competitive greatness". His definition of this phrase is striving to be the best we can be, not trying to be the best of all time. This is a reminder for me when I start looking at the negatives of my "stats" in this war im in. The key to my success is to Be Prepared, Be Disciplined and to Be Focused. This is how I will win the war! Keeping my eye on the prize! -265.36.XL

"Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength" Ephesians 6:10

No comments:

Post a Comment