Only a Man

Monday, January 18, 2016

there is always a way out...

   Temptation in life to do the wrong thing is always surrounding us, whether it is the option to break the law or eat a donut, its there. But there is also always an option to do the right thing, always. It might be harder, or the choice might hurt, or it might just not be what you want to do, but the option is always there. In my fight with obesity I have just recently accepted the truth that it is all my choice. Its my choice to go into a workout with a good attitude, to go out to dinner with friends with the thought of I will find the best caloric option on the menu. There is always a way out of the bad choice. It is very challenging to make that choice most of the time, its just our sinful nature as humans. I have to want the long term results of my good choices more than the immediate pleasures of the bad options. This is a daily, minute by minute, hour by hour struggle. But I will continue to fight this fight as I echo the words, if it doesn't challenge me, it wont change me, I want the change more than I fear the pain of the challenge. Bring it on! -265.36.XL

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape, so that you are able to bear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment