Only a Man

Friday, January 15, 2016

The prison that is obesity...

 
  As an obese man, I have had to live in my self made prison for many years. I have overcome obstacles in order to achieve certain tasks but even with that they were just band aids. As an obese man you encounter many "red light" circumstances in your life that you always keep a look out for. Skinny seats at the movie theater, flimsy plastic chairs at outdoor events, asking for seat belt extenders on airplanes before you sit down not to bring attention, booths at restaurants that are hard mounted and dont move, ladders with weight limits, the list goes on and on. All these cases are an everyday issue that as a obese man I have to think about constantly.
   As I approach my first 50 lbs lost, I am realizing that this prison that I have made for myself all these years is beginning to open up and set me free. I have already noticed cases where I am worried about fitting or over extending the weight limit on I am now not worrying about. The thought of the freedom I will have when I have lost my first 100 lbs, 150 lbs or my total of 205 lbs is enough to make me cry. Freedom from chains that have burdened me for most of my life, gone laying at my feet, with nothing but living and enjoying life like it is meant to be. This is what freedom from my self induced prison of obesity will feel like to me. And this is what keeps my eye on the prize.  -265.36.XL

"if it doest challenge you, it wont change you"

No comments:

Post a Comment