Only a Man

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

If it doesnt challenge you, it wont change you...

   So I made it through the holidays with some yo-yo results in my weight loss but in the end I kept moving forward and never quit. I am over 40 lbs lost and on my way to my first 50 before my original milestone date I had set for myself. I feel good and the support I get from my friends and family is unwavering.
    I was listening to the radio this morning and I heard a lady call in and talk about a saying that helps her through her own personal battles with obesity, It was kinda weird that of all the morning radio shows there are, I happened to be listening to one where a random listener called in to talk about her success in her battle with health and weight loss, coincidence, um I don't think so. Anyway she said that she goes to the gym and through out the day with the saying, "if it doesnt challenge you, it wont change you". I was floored, it was so simple yet so empowering. I am personally trying to change my health and in many ways my way of life to be better. Here is a saying that if I am doing something and it doesn't challenge me in the process of doing it, will it actually help me to change that part of my life? And I believe the answer is no.
    So I now am challenging myself, in all that I do. Is it challenging to get on the elliptical and burn off 45 min and 900 calories, yes it is. Check! Is it challenging to eat right and not eat bad, yes it is. Check. But now lets move this in other aspects of life. Is it challenging for me to open my bible everyday and read a devotion, Im busy, im tired, I dont have time, the excuses are limitless. So yes it is challenging. So, Check! The lists are endless. So I must use this question everyday to keep focused on my goals to be a better man, friend, father and husband, not only a better me.
    So I give this to you, if it doesn't challenge you, it wont change you. Take the challenge and embrace the change to be better in all ways and keep your eyes on the prize.  -265.36.XL

2 Timothy 3:16-17
  All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the truth, rebuking error, correting faults, and giving instruction for right living, so that the person who serves God may be fully qualified and equipped to do every kind of good deed.

1 comment: