Only a Man

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

dont let your history be your destiny...

   As I have stated before, my battle with obesity has raged on for years. I have won many battles but in the end I have lost every war. I have lost 50, 100 and even 150 lbs before, to just gain all and more back. I question every day, what if I lose all this weight and gain it all back again like I have done every time before? Its a daunting question and my history is always in the back of my mind and fills me with doubt.
   All I can say to that is, dont let your history be your destiny. Its in every one of us to make the right decisions and forge a new path. Our history doesnt do that for us. At some point I have to decide to not go back, I have to decide this is a way of life not just a diet. I have to decide I am ready to change. My obesity is a choice that I have to make every day to battle or give up. This is not going to go away. Some days will be easy and exciting and others will suck and make me want to hide in a corner. But in the end I have to want the change more than I fear the pain of the challenge. If it doesnt challenge me, it wont change me. This is my life, a constant battle and this time my history will not be my destiny, this time I will win the war. Because I look forward to the pain of the challenge, so I can bask in the glory of the change. Keep your eye on the prize.   -265.36.XL

No comments:

Post a Comment