Only a Man

Monday, January 18, 2016

A life lived out loud...

  As I lay here in bed I reflect on my life, as a son, as a friend, as a brother, as a father, as a husband, and I think how will people remember me. Did I show grace to all, did I love the unloved, did I reach out a hand when a hand reached out to me for help, did I make people laugh, did I worry more about what others thought of me than doing what was right, do I make people better for me just being me? Today I witnessed a life of a young man that you can say yes to all these. His life, 19 years short, is a inspiration to me to live my life out loud. To have no regrets, no reserve and no restrictions. He was a young man that was admired by all, not just a few. He is a role model for the young and old alike to stop in there tracks and reevaluate how your walking in life. Cam Johnson was taken from us as a 19 year old man, but had lived a lifetime in the amount of people he had touched and inspired. I wish I knew him better, deeper and longer. He has shown me in his 19 years how I wish I was in my 44. But today I challenge myself to be more like Cam. I will love better, I will listen better, I will laugh more and worry less. I will stop and look at the stars just to look at the stars. I will be a better man, a better friend, a better son, a better brother, a better father and a better husband. I can only hope to asipre to be a man of such character and inspiration as Cam Johnson. Tonight his family and friends still hurt for the loss they feel but he sings for the joy that he has recieved in Heaven. Much love to Rob, Marci, Maddi and Cooper.

"God didnt promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain. But He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way"

No comments:

Post a Comment