Only a Man

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Greatest Attributes

As I sit in my chair at work, I am thinking of the things in my life that I will be best remembered or known for. I am not a dynamic man, my actions are not well known in the community, I do not sit on boards or committees and haven't done anything that would be acknowledged in the newspaper. But I am very happy and content with my life in the things that matter like relationships, trust, integrity, joy and love. So with that I answer my own question, I will be remembered and known for my greatest attributes, my family.

There is nothing that puts a smile on my face more than the opportunity to boast about my family! I have been married to my high school sweetheart and best friend for almost 25 years, I have 3 amazing kids that I live to make happy. They are what I will be remembered and known for in my life, and that is better than any award, newspaper article or prize I could ever imagine.

My oldest is 23 and she has the strength and courage of a lion. She was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 10 years old and cardiomyopathy when she was 22. It was the worst times of my life, we were at the hospital for days trying to get her health under control. Since then she has had to deal with this disease and will have to for the rest of her life. She asks for no help and doesn't make excuses, she doesn't want sympathy and does not use it as a crutch in any way. It is a constant battle but she takes it head on better than anyone I know could ever do it. She works with children and strives to make this world a better place and has a deep relationship with Christ that she can call her very own. She is truly an amazing young woman and the true definition of STRENGTH!

My son is 20 and is the epitome of heart and integrity. He truly is a man of character with the heart of a warrior. He has always had a servants heart and a leader by nature. He is studying to become a English teacher and coach. He has had to deal with so much adversity in his life already but has triumphed through it all. He is truly an amazing young man that loves Christ and the true definition of COURAGE!

My youngest is 15 and is my baby girl. She is very independent and strong willed. Sometimes this is a battle but these are traits that will allow her to someday be the strong Christian women that God wants her to be. She is a daddy's girl and I love that about her. She loves life and doesn't need anybody with her to enjoy it. She makes me smile and brings happiness to my heart. I am a better person because she is in my life. She is truly an amazing little girl and the true definition of JOY!

My best friend and wife is the reason I wake up in the morning and the reason I dream at night. She has made me a better man from the day that I met her. She grows more beautiful by the day and it makes me wonder why God blessed me with her. She is the reason why I smile, the reason why I laugh and the reason why I live. If you look at the descriptions of my kids you will see her in each one. She is part STRENGTH, COURAGE and JOY, and when combined you get her. She is truly an amazing woman and the true definition of LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment