Only a Man

Friday, December 11, 2015

Finding my strength...

 In my continued fight to beat my battle with obesity, I have come to crossroad after crossroad with the same outcome...I keep choosing the wrong direction. I have struggled to keep on task and I keep going back to my bad habits. Its like living out the movie of Ground Hog Day. My health had continued to deteriorate and I had continued to let it. But today I again vow to win this battle and as I look at every new day I have to keep focused on the only strength that will get me through this, and that is the strength of Jesus. I opened my Bible to start off with some needed words of strength from my God and what I found will now be my verse for the duration of my battle!

"Therefore since we also have such a large crowd of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us, and run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus..." Hebrews 12:1

Points taken from this verse;
   1. Surround myself with people who will keep me accountable.
   2. lose the weight and sin that consumes my life.
   3. work hard and be determined to win the battle ahead of you.
   4. Do all of these things with your eye on the prize!

It is incredible how Jesus talks to us if we just shut up and listen!

Keep your eye on the prize!

-265.36.XL

No comments:

Post a Comment